Friday 19 December 2008

Expert: Jonna Häkkilä

Jonna Häkkilä

Jonna Häkkilä

About Jonna Häkkilä

I am team leader of User Experience Team at Smart Spaces Laboratory, Nokia Research Center, Finland. Prior to that role, I have been working in various units at Nokia since 2001, mainly with usability in product development. I received my PhD in 2007 at University of Oulu, Finland, and my thesis considered usability issues with context-aware mobile applications. I spent part of my post graduate study time at Griffith University, Australia, with prof. Liisa von Hellens (2003), and at Carnegie Mellon University, US, with prof. Anind Dey (2006). I have MSc in physics from University of Oulu (2000). My hobbies include snowboarding, skiing and science fiction.

Jonna Häkkilä research interests

My research interests are wide and versatile, and mostly to do with mobile computing and ubicomp - they include e.g. mobile multimedia, usability aspects of context-awareness, mobile user culture, and women and technology. Currently, my team is doing user experience research on emotional interaction, location-awareness, mobile wellness, and adaptive user interfaces. What I love in my job is to explore and try out new ideas, and to see how they are refined from original drafts to usable applications.

No comments:

Visitors

C-aIS Poster

C-aIS Poster